Sunday, July 19, 2009

swing vote.. a new favorite movie


Last night I watched a fabulous and inspiring movie that totally influenced my future plans.. even though I change my mind as often as my fave ice cream flavor (often). If you haven't watched Swing Vote, you really really really must. It tells a sweet story of a little girl who has faith in the American political system, and begs her daddy to vote on election day.. As the movie unfolds, we learn how his one vote decides the fate of the entire election. We see the fickle Presidential-hopefulls as they bribe and lie their way into his heart/vote.

One can only be happy to believe that each and every vote really does matter, even though we still use an electoral college, which I think is as absurd as carrying a wallet that doesn't match your handbag.

Not only was I lovin' every minute of this movie, the town, and the characters (in a Wayne County, small town, no one has any money kinda way) but I'm more and more seriously considering a career in some sort of politics. I do remember insisting to my mother in the car when I was a teeny thing (way long ago) that I could be the first female President. Thankfully, I think someone might beat me to it, which is fabulous, but I wouldn't mind a career in lobbying. I'd love to make a living convincing others that my way is the right way, and that my opinion is the right opinion. I do that anyways, in my daily life.

Photo Copyright www.Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment