Thursday, June 4, 2009

bedtime stories.


I'm sure everyone thinks it's totally silly to try to prepare for law school, since I know that seems like an impossible task.  But as this is a blog of sharing, this is the book I read myself to sleep with right now.  Law 101 by Brien A. Roche.  It totally gives an overview of the legal system, and where laws come from.  The "behind the scenes" if you will.  

The main thing I'm getting out of it is a process of elimination of the types of law that interest me.  Example: the chapter I'm on is all about criminal law, traffic violations, etc.  I'll tell you this much.. it puts me fast asleep.  I obv have to take Criminal Law classes anyways, but I totally will need more Dunkin than usual to get through it. 

At this point, I'm leaning toward Estate Planning, Business Law and Finance Law.  My wonderful boyfriend is a Financial Planner, so in our quest for total world domination we kinda' need to become a power couple.  Our careers would go hand-in-hand.  I love money.  And I love people.  So it only seems logical.  

Touro even has a new bankruptcy clinic, which would be a fun type of law to practice since I practically filed for it.  Yes, friends, I am a shopaholic.  Check out this cool section of the Touro Law website for the scoop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment