Wednesday, June 10, 2009

my law school bag.








So, those of you who know me well, know that I'm a true shopaholic.. so as you can imagine, when I got my acceptance letter, I immediately got a new bag. "My Law School Bag" (has a certain ring to it, no? Like a fab children's book..) was purchased at Henri Bendel's flagship 5th Ave. store. Bendel's fabulous Disturbed Stripe Tote featured two sets of handles, and a chic black and brown scheme, with gold hardware. Totally professional, right?

I began "previewing" my bag back and forth to work, to make sure she would be good to me. I remember being a little kid and wanting to wear my new school clothes SO BADDDD before the first day of school, but I wasn't allowed. Well, now I'm a big girl and I can do what I want.

Well thank God I did, because after a month or so of relatively light use (meaning, no law textbooks yet) the freaking bag couldn't handle macbook and a train pass. I returned to my friend Henri, (I love pretending stores are real people, and my friends) and they were fantastic enough to give me a complete store credit in return for my battered bag with the broken strap.

After surveying the bunch, and there were many many many, I decided on a bag known as the Bendel Beach Tote. Now, you'd never picture something as durable and great as this bag.. but she is wonderfuuuul. Seriously, check out the depth on that bag.

So I was faced with a serious dilemma.. be true to form and go with the pink with orange piping, or tone it down with a little blue and turquoise?

Considering the title of the blog, and the fact that I'm a bit worried about being taken seriously as a law student, I totally went with the blue.

Did you SEE the way that professor looked at the girl with the pink laptop?! That will not be me.




























Photo Cpoyright www.HenriBendel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment