Thursday, June 4, 2009

practice makes perfect.

So December 4th rolls around.  It's the night before the LSAT.  I should've been nervous, but I figured if I didn't do well, I could re-test in February.  Most of the schools I was looking at accepted February scores, so I figured I'd just "wing it" and see how it goes.

I grabbed a glass of wine, my LSAT practice book (which didn't even have a broken binding or tattered pages..) and sat at my vintage Thomasville secretary's desk with a kitchen timer.  

La. La. La..

When time was up, I bubbled what I didn't finish (non-educated guesses, SAT style) in hopes to snag a few extra points via plain ol' probability, and scored my test.  158.  Totally not bad.  I was absolutely surprised and completely pleased with that score.  Now the trick was duplicating that score during the real deal.  

After some great home-cooked food a' la mom, I went to bed, practice book firmly in place under my pillow.  Who knows.. osmosis just might help a little.

Zzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment