Thursday, June 4, 2009

the day of (w)reckoning.

So I arrive at the test pretty early.  People file in a few at a time.  Most of the kids (and I totally say “kids” because they were allllll still in school) had taken the test before.  Many of them were all stressed out about getting some certain score or into a specific school. 

At this point, I had hoped to attend University of Buffalo, since it’s SUNY and would be a fraction of the cost.  They were totally competitive though (obviously so many people want to pay $16k a year vs. $60k.  Go figure.), and I assumed my scores wouldn’t be high enough. 

Sooooo then I start hearing about how every test has a secret section that is just for the purpose of helping them create new, better LSAT’s.  So every test-taker has one section repeated, but you don’t know which it is, until you’re done with the test.  The scores from the duplicate section are tossed.  Now the “kids” were totally cracking up because I didn’t even know about this.  They couldn’t believe I took my practice test just last night for the first time.  I think my being their comic relief helped them relax, which was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment